After a seriously COLD winter, I am so excited for spring. What better way to celebrate than making cute, little potted planters? I hope to some day put little succulents in them. Making these were so fun, that I know this will not be my last time doing this! Also, painting with acrylic is so fun. Why was I so scared to try it?
- Potted planters (I got mine at A.C. Moore)
- Outdoor acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Clear polyurethane
- Masking tape
- Paint the outside and inside of the pot white. 3 coats should do it.
2. Once it is dry, tape it up! Make triangle shapes with your tape on the bottom half of the planter. I used scotch tape- I do NOT recommend that. Use masking tape- it sticks better and will create sharper lines.
3. Paint each triangle a different color. I used green, black, peach and gold.
4. When it is mostly dry, carefully peel back the tape. I decided to paint the rim to add more color.
6. Now plant some plants! And bask in your own glory for making this cheap and chic craft. Don’t forget to display on a windowsill and point it out to all of your house guests. “See that planter over there? Yeah I made it. No big.”